More than a cup of Tea


Waking up all sleepy.  Blurred eyes trying to look around as I yawn.  After all the freshening up it is time for a hot cup of tea. The Water begins to boil as I throw in the tea powder & sugar. Stir it up a bit and add some milk. The mixture is then left to brew till the aroma spreads around the kitchen. Chirping birds and cool breeze from my window. The dark blue hue fades off, bringing in the light. The steam begins to rise higher and higher, forming a path.

The table is laid with breakfast as I pour in the hot steaming tea into my favourite mug. I am accompanied with my dad. A long chat continues, discussing funny events that occurred the day earlier to serious issues that need some change. It makes me wonder how a simple cup of tea can create memories.

My bag is packed and I’m all set for work. After all the traveling & tiredness, the first thing I look out for is a cup of coffee.  The fresh taste rejuvenates me in seconds. It’s time to concentrate on work now.  Looking at my watch after every hour, waiting for the evening break. Times up for another cup of hot tea with my colleagues. Blowing into the small tiny glass that is half the size of my palm. We discuss work issues and irritate each other. A lot of jokes and endless laughter.
Its more than just a cup of coffee or tea. It is memories that will last forever.

0 comments: